The dedicated criminal defense lawyers at Patituce & Associates, LLC represent individuals who are facing federal criminal charges in Ohio. These charges often involve serious penalties, so it is vital to hire a lawyer skilled at handling these types of cases as soon as possible to protect your freedom. Our team has three former prosecutors and over 70 years of combined legal experience, so we are fully equipped to handle the most serious of criminal cases.
Contact our Akron federal crimes lawyers today for a free and private case review. We are ready to represent you.
Why You Need a Strong Defense When Facing Federal Crimes
Federal charges are very different from federal crimes. They involve:
- Federal crimes that were enacted by Congress and prosecuted at the national level, often because the alleged offense involves crossing state lines or occurs on federal property
- Federal prosecutors are responsible for handling fewer cases than state prosecutors, so they have more time to focus and prepare for a case
- Federal agencies and investigations, which means that charges may not be brought until extensive research and resources have gone into a case
- Complex federal rules and procedures
- Federal sentencing guidelines almost always recommend harsher penalties for federal crimes than common penalties associated with similar state crimes
When you are facing charges for federal crimes, it is essential that you work with an Akron criminal defense lawyer who has specific experience with these types of cases. These are difficult cases to defend, and you need someone who is willing to go up against the full weight of the government to protect you.
Patituce & Associates, LLC has the resources and experiences you can rely on during this critical time in your life. Call us today for a free and confidential case review.
Federal Crimes Our Lawyers Handle
Our Ohio criminal defense lawyers handle the most serious of federal crimes, including:
- Murder: We defend clients who are facing first- or second-degree murder charges. The most serious offenses involve allegations that the defendant planned the crime or committed the crime while committing another serious criminal offense.
- Drug Crimes: We defend people who are facing charges under Section 841 and Section 844 of Title 21 of the United States Code, which criminalizes the acts of manufacturing, distributing, or dispensing controlled substances, possessing chemicals associated with drug manufacturing, and simple possession of drugs.
- Sex Crimes: Federal sex crimes may include sex trafficking, aggravated sexual abuse, sexual abuse of a minor, or other non-consensual sexual acts committed against a person.
- Child pornography: Anyone who produces, distributes, transports, views, receives, or accesses sexual conduct featuring anyone under 18 years of age can face stiff federal criminal charges.
- Weapon Crimes: Federal weapon crimes may involve the unlawful use, possession, carrying, selling, manufacture, or transport of deadly weapons, such as explosives, silencers, and ammunition.
- Tax Crimes: Evading taxes, failing to file a tax return when it is required, making a false statement on tax returns, or failing to pay taxes can result in federal tax crimes.
- Conspiracy: If you planned to commit a federal crime and at least one of the people involved in the conspiracy took steps to further the conspiracy, you can face serious federal criminal conspiracy cases.
Contact Patituce & Associates, LLC for Help Defending Your Federal Case
As former prosecutors, Patituce & Associates, LLC understands how serious federal criminal charges are. We can mount a strong defense on your behalf. Contact us today for your free and confidential consultation.