Ohio prosecutors avidly pursue the strictest penalties against defendants facing drug charges. When you have the full weight and resources of the government against you, it is critical that you respond just as aggressively by hiring a criminal defense lawyer who can combat the charges against you. The law firm of Patituce & Associates, LLC is comprised of former prosecutors with more than 70 years of combined legal experience. We know both sides of the courtroom and can use our expansive knowledge and experience to build a vigorous defense on your behalf. If you are facing drug crime charges, contact our Akron drug crime lawyers for a free case review.
Learn How Our Akron Drug Crimes Lawyers Can Help
If you are facing drug charges, it is essential to work with an experienced Akron criminal defense attorney who can build a strong defense on your behalf. Our vast experience has shown us that the following steps often yield positive outcomes:
- Challenging the evidence – There have been instances of overworked lab technicians falsifying results, and other cases of the chain of evidence being broken. Both of which can put the credibility of the identification of the substance involved in question.
- Filing motions – Many drug arrests stem from illegal searches and seizures. If the police violated your rights and conducted a warrantless search, we can try to seek a dismissal of the charges or suppression of the evidence by filing appropriate motions in court.
- Investigating possible defenses – We can explore all possible defenses to the charges against you and argue them in court or with the prosecutor when discussing a plea agreement.
- Exploring alternatives to jail time – We can help negotiate for a favorable plea agreement or alternative sentencing to incarceration in appropriate cases.
- Representing you at trial – If you decide to take your case to trial, you can count on us to represent you.
Give us a call today at (440) 471-7784 to arrange a free and private case consultation.
Cases Our Akron Drug Crimes Lawyers Take On
Our Akron drug crimes lawyers handle some of the most serious drug crime cases in Ohio, including:
- Possession of controlled substances (2925.11), which penalizes the possession of drugs like marijuana and cocaine
- Trafficking or aggravated trafficking in drugs (2925.03) for selling controlled substances
- Illegal manufacture of drugs, illegal cultivation of marijuana or methamphetamine (2925.04), which penalizes growing marijuana or producing methamphetamine or other drugs
- Illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs (2925.041), which involves making schedule I or II controlled substances or possessing chemicals to make illegal drugs
- Possession of drug paraphernalia (2925.14), which penalizes possessing items associated with drug use, such as kits to grow, produce, or prepare a controlled substance, isomerization devices that increase the potency of controlled substances, testing equipment, scales, blenders, bowls, or spoons to mix devices for compounding a controlled substance, or hypodermic needles
- Possession of marijuana drug paraphernalia (2925.141), which criminalizes possessing any of the items described above to make, sell, or possess marijuana
- Possession of drug abuse instruments (2925.12), which criminalizes owning any instrument to administer, use, or prepare a dangerous drug for unlawful use
- Illegal administration or distribution of anabolic steroids (2925.06), which penalizes healthcare providers or others for illegally providing steroids
- Criminal forfeiture of property relating to felony drug abuse offense (2925.42), which allows the government to take away property believed to be connected to drug activity
Our Akron criminal defense attorneys can defend you against any state or federal drug charge
Contact Us for Help with Your Case
Former prosecutors make up the local law firm of Patituce & Associates, LLC. We’ve been on the other side, and we know how to win. Contact us today by calling (440) 427-3860 to schedule your free case review.