At Patituce & Associates, we know how terrifying it is when you are arrested for DUI/OVI. That is why we provide a free case review so you can discuss your case with an experienced Youngstown DUI defense lawyer so you can learn more about your legal rights and options before you make any big decisions in your case. We have also answered some of the common questions we receive from clients here. Contact a Youngstown DUI defense lawyer today for a free case review.
What Is OVI?
Operating a vehicle impaired (OVI) means that you are driving a vehicle above the legal blood alcohol level or drug concentration. The legal limit in Ohio is .08%. If you are pulled over with a blood alcohol content level above this limit or with a concentration of drugs in your system above the legal limit, you could face serious penalties for OVI.
What Are the Penalties for OVI?
There are many potential penalties that you can face if you are convicted of an OVI in Ohio, including:
- Jail time
- Immobilization of your vehicle
- Restricted plates
- Suspension of your driver’s license
- Alcohol or drug treatment
- A criminal record
- Disqualification of a CDL driver
You can combat these penalties by hiring an experienced criminal defense lawyer to help you.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a DUI Defense Lawyer?
Sometimes, you get what you pay for. If you go with a public defender, you might not be paying anything immediately out of pocket. While public defenders provide an admirable service, they are often overworked and underpaid. They may not have the time it takes to invest in a DUI case to present an effective case and may be in the habit of pleading out as many cases as possible to help with their workload.
And, if you hire an inexperienced lawyer, you may still wind up with the same outcome but be responsible for their fees. While we can’t guarantee a result at Patituce & Associates, we have over three decades of legal experience and former prosecutors on our team. We know how to attack the prosecution’s case and fight for a favorable result. Also, we look at the big picture and try to provide you with cost and time savings in the long run.
How Can You Help Me?
There are many ways that we can help you, including:
- Thoroughly investigating your case and all potential defenses
- Carefully examining the evidence against you to find flaws or inconsistencies, including the police report, the dash cam video, logs, field sobriety tests, and breathalyzer machine
- Filing motions to dismiss charges or suppress evidence if your constitutional rights were violated
- Protecting your driving rights by representing you at your administrative hearing
- Helping you to reinstate your driving privileges
- Working out the best deal possible if you are interested in a plea agreement
- Trying to have your charges reduced
- Representing you at trial
How Long Will an OVI Conviction Stay on My Record?
A conviction for OVI can stay on your record for ten years and continue to cause stiffer penalties if you receive subsequent convictions for OVI or refusal.
Contact an Experienced Youngstown OVI Defense Lawyer for Help
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin mounting a solid defense on your behalf. Call us today for your free case review.