Tailoring a Unique Defense to Fight Against Theft Charges
A theft crime conviction in Ohio can have far-reaching consequences on both your personal and professional life. The potential penalties can be severe, ranging from fines and probation to jail time and a permanent criminal record. Furthermore, the stigma of a theft conviction can negatively affect your career, housing, and educational opportunities, making it challenging to move forward with your life.
With so much at stake, it is crucial to have dedicated legal representation on your side. At Patituce & Associates, LLC, our Ohio theft crimes attorneys understand the profound impact of these charges and are committed to fighting for your rights and achieving the best possible outcome in your case.
If you are being charged with a theft crime, call us at 440-427-3860 to discuss your legal options and learn how we can protect your rights and fight for your future.
Facing Theft Charges in Ohio? Obtain the Legal Representation That You Need
The choices you make today can significantly impact your future, especially when facing theft charges in Ohio. It’s crucial to prioritize hiring a theft crime defense attorney who can fight aggressively to protect your rights and interests.
Many people underestimate the gravity of the charges that they face, often relying on public defenders or attorneys without the proper legal experience. These decisions can result in life-long consequences. While public defenders provide valuable services to the community, they are often overwhelmed with cases and may encourage their clients to accept plea deals even when it may not be in their best interest. Lawyers without theft crime expertise may not be able to provide the most informed guidance or craft strong defense strategies for their clients.
If you are convicted of a theft crime, penalties can range from 6 months in jail to 10 years in state prison, in addition to carrying a criminal record for the rest of your life. To safeguard your future, it’s essential to secure the best possible legal representation that can help you navigate the complexities of your case and work towards the most favorable outcome.
We Represent Many Types of Theft Crimes Cases in Ohio
At Patituce & Associates, LLC, our attorneys have years of experience defending those charged with theft crimes in Ohio. We have achieved successful outcomes for many of our clients and work tirelessly to craft unique defense strategies tailored to your unique situation.
Our Ohio theft crimes attorneys represent clients in several types of theft crime cases, including the following:
- Trademark counterfeiting
- Receiving stolen property
- Tampering with records
- Telecommunications fraud
- Workers’ compensation fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Motion picture piracy
- Unauthorized use of a vehicle
- Identity fraud
- Felony of fifth-degree regardless of the value of the property
- Making or using slugs
- Passing bad checks
- Misuse of credit cards
- Personating an office
- Defrauding a rental agency or hostelry
- Securing writings by deception
- Medicaid fraud
- Criminal simulation
- Unlawful display of law enforcement emblem
- Defrauding creditors
- Unlawful use of telecommunications device
- Possession or sale of unauthorized cable television device
- Unauthorized use of property – computer, cable, or telecommunication property
- Forging identification cards or selling or distributing forged identification cards
- Illegally transmitting multiple commercial electronic mail messages (spamming)
What Are the Penalties for Theft in Ohio?
In Ohio, penalties for theft crimes, including receiving stolen property, are determined based on the value of the stolen goods. The severity of charges and corresponding penalties increase as the value of the stolen property rises.
For property valued at less than $1,000, the charge is a first-degree misdemeanor, which carries a potential sentence of up to 6 months. Theft of goods valued between $1,000 and $7,500 is classified as a fifth-degree felony, punishable by six months to one year in prison. If the stolen property’s value ranges from $7,500 to $149,000, the charge becomes a fourth-degree felony, with possible sentences of 12 to 18 months, along with fines and restitution.
When the value of the stolen goods is between $150,000 and $749,000, the crime is considered a third-degree felony, which can result in a prison sentence of up to five years. Theft of items valued from $750,000 to $1.5 million may lead to a second-degree felony conviction, with potential prison terms of two to eight years.
Lastly, if the stolen property exceeds $1.5 million in value, the offender faces a first-degree felony charge and the possibility of up to a 10-year prison sentence. With such dire consequences at stake, it is essential to seek the help of a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible following the arrest.
Benefits of Hiring a Criminal Defense Attorney
By hiring a Ohio criminal defense attorney, you are investing in your future and taking proactive steps to protect your rights and freedom. Having a theft crimes lawyer from Patituce & Associates, LLC on your side can provide several important benefits for your case, including:
- Expertise in criminal law: Our attorneys have specialized knowledge and experience in navigating the complexities of theft cases, which allows them to develop effective defense strategies tailored to your situation.
- Protecting your rights: Your attorney will fight to ensure that your rights are upheld throughout the legal process, safeguarding you from potential injustices or procedural violations.
- Negotiating plea deals: If appropriate for your case, your attorney can negotiate with prosecutors to secure a favorable plea deal, potentially reducing the charges or penalties that you are facing.
- Mitigating consequences: Your lawyer can work to minimize the potential consequences of a theft conviction, such as reducing jail time, fines, or probation requirements.
- Emotional support: Facing theft charges can be emotionally challenging, and the criminal justice process can feel daunting. Your attorney can provide you with the reassurance and guidance necessary to navigate the legal system.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Ohio Theft Crimes Attorney
If you are arrested for a theft crime in Ohio, do not say anything to the police. Instead, contact an attorney at Patituce & Associates, LLC as soon as possible to discuss your case and learn more about your legal options.
Don’t wait to seek the legal help you need. Call us at 440-427-3860 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free case consultation with an Ohio theft crimes attorney.