Are you currently facing criminal charges? Are you unsure about what to do next or whether you should hire a Canton criminal defense attorney? If so, do not hesitate to reach out to our team for help with your case.
The team at Patituce & Associates has more than 70 years of combined legal experience. We have former prosecutors on our team, giving us a competitive advantage over other criminal defense firms because we understand how the other side works and how to attack the vulnerabilities of their case. Judges, law enforcement officers, and other lawyers rely on our firm when they are facing criminal charges. You can learn more about how we can help when you contact us for a free case review.
Critical Stages of the Criminal Justice System
At Patituce & Associates, we are often able to provide invaluable legal services during the following stages of a criminal case:
Sometimes when clients contact us early in the process, we can take steps to prevent them from ever being arrested. You can act right away if you are being accused of a crime or believe that you are the subject of a criminal investigation.
We can help you during this phase of your case by:
- Representing you at any pre-arrest interviews
- Responding to official written inquiries on your behalf
- Protecting you from interactions with law enforcement
- Reviewing the prosecution’s investigative packet and attacking it if it does not include compelling evidence
Our pre-arrest investigations are aimed at dismantling the prosecution’s case before it results in any official criminal charges against you. We hope to prevent charges from ever being filed against you.
If charges are ultimately filed against you, we can provide zealous legal representation throughout the litigation process. This may involve:
- Demanding the government produce all the evidence it intends to use against you
- Researching relevant caselaw and other legal issues that might impact your case
- Demanding any exculpatory evidence the prosecution has that weighs in your favor
- Conducting an independent investigation, including hiring a private investigator when appropriate
- Filing legal motions to protect your legal rights
- Familiarizing ourselves with the facts of the case so that we can question the credibility of evidence and make appropriate legal arguments
- Negotiating with the prosecutor to seek a favorable plea agreement on your behalf
Our objective is to secure the best possible outcome for our client.
If you decide to proceed to trial, you can count on our trial-tested lawyers to work diligently on your behalf. During this stage in the case we:
- Interview potential jurors for biases
- Present a compelling opening statement
- Present evidence and witnesses
- Cross-examine the prosecution’s witnesses
- Question the credibility of the prosecution’s evidence or case
- Challenge the evidence against you
- Hold the prosecution to the high burden of proving guilt by proof beyond a reasonable doubt
Our attorneys have handled more than 200 criminal trials, so you are in good hands whether you decide to take your case to trial or resolve it before trial.
Contact Our Well-Respected Team for Help with Your Case
Getting qualified legal counsel is critical during this time. At Patituce & Associates, we have an intimate knowledge of the criminal justice system. We can give you peace of mind and confidence in the decision you’ve made in the Canton criminal defense attorney you’ve chosen to represent you in your case. Contact us today for help with your case.