Defending You Against Life-Altering Charges
Assault charges can have serious consequences, including potential jail time and fines, as well as damage to your reputation and future opportunities. If you have been arrested for assault in Ohio, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible.
At Patituce & Associates, LLC, we understand the gravity of assault charges and are dedicated to providing aggressive and effective legal representation to clients facing these charges. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights and build a robust defense strategy in your favor. Contact us today to speak with an Ohio assault defense attorney.
The Definition of Assault under Ohio Law
In Ohio, assault is defined as causing or attempting to cause physical harm to another person or knowingly causing another person to believe that they are in imminent danger of physical harm. Assault can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony, depending on the circumstances of the incident and the extent of the harm caused.
At Patituce & Associates, LLC, our Ohio criminal defense attorneys represent clients facing several types of assault charges, including:
- Simple assault
- Aggravated assault
- Negligent assault
- Felonious assault
- Vehicular assault
- Aggravated vehicular assault
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Aggravated menacing
- Aggravated menacing by stalking
Minimum Penalties for Assault in Ohio
The penalties for assault in Ohio can vary widely depending on the specific charge and the circumstances of the incident. A first-degree misdemeanor assault charge can result in fines of up to $1,000 and up to six months in jail, while a first-degree felony assault charge can result in fines of up to $20,000 and up to 16.5 years in prison. It is important to speak with a lawyer to determine the potential consequences that you may be facing.
How to Defend Yourself Against Assault Charges in Ohio
The consequences of an assault conviction can be severe and long-lasting, affecting your personal and professional life for years to come. With the help of an assault defense attorney from Patituce & Associates, LLC, you can present a strong defense to reduce or avoid these harmful penalties.
There are several ways that you can defend yourself against assault charges in Ohio. Some possible defense strategies we may use include:
- Self-Defense: If you were acting in self-defense or defense of others, we may argue that your actions were justified and that you were not the aggressor in the situation.
- Lack of Intent: If you did not intend to cause harm to another person, we may argue that your actions were accidental or that you were not aware that your actions could result in harm.
- Mistaken Identity: If there is evidence to suggest that you were not the person who committed the assault, we may argue that you have been falsely accused.
- False Accusations: If the alleged victim has a history of making false accusations, we may argue that the assault charges are baseless and that he or she is simply seeking to cause harm to your reputation.
We believe that everyone deserves a fair trial and aggressive representation in court. Our Ohio assault defense attorneys will work tirelessly to protect your rights and fight for the best possible outcome for your case.
Arrested for Assault in Ohio? Contact Patituce & Associates, LLC
If you have been arrested for assault in Ohio, contact Patituce & Associates, LLC today at 440-427-3860 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Ohio assault defense attorneys. During your consultation, we will review the details of your case, answer any questions you may have, and provide you with honest and straightforward legal advice about your options moving forward.