While prosecutors take OVI crimes seriously in Ohio, the experienced Medina DUI defense lawyers at Patituce & Associates take defending your rights just as seriously. Our extensive experience handling DUI cases has taught us that not everyone who is charged with OVI is guilty of the crime or deserves to lose their driving privileges. We are prepared to mount a vigorous defense on your behalf. Call us today at (440) 471-7784 to get started.
Potential Consequences of a DUI Conviction in Ohio
If you are convicted of a DUI in Ohio, your life can change forever. The possible penalties you face depend on your blood alcohol concentration at the time of your arrest and your previous history of OVI convictions. The potential consequences may include:
- Loss of driving privileges – You can lose your driver’s license for anywhere from a few months until the rest of your life. This could interfere with your employment and your ability to handle other life responsibilities.
- Immobilization of vehicle and restricted plates – In case you were tempted to drive while your license is suspended, your vehicle can be immobilized, and your plates can be restricted. If you drive anyway, you can face additional consequences if you are caught.
- Jail time – You can face jail time of anywhere from a few days to 30 months.
- Fines – You can face fines anywhere from a few hundred dollars to up to $10,000.
- Alcohol or drug treatment – You may be required to attend a drug or alcohol program and pay for it.
- Ignition interlock device – An ignition interlock device may be installed in your vehicle, which requires you to exhale into the device before the car operates. You would be responsible for the cost of installing the device, as well as the ongoing costs for monitoring.
Additionally, having a criminal history can ruin your professional career and follow you around for the rest of your life. Combat these serious consequences by hiring an experienced OVI defense lawyer.
How Can an OVI Defense Lawyer Help Me?
Our firm is regarded as one of the top DUI defense firms in the state. We have extensive experience with DUI cases and dedicate about half of our caseload working representing defendants in OVI cases. We have won countless cases just like yours and have a long track record of success, including having charges dismissed, securing favorable plea bargains, or having our clients acquitted at trial. We will strive to secure the best possible outcome in your case.
If you failed a breathalyzer or field sobriety test, you might be feeling hopeless and wondering if it’s even worth it to fight the charges against you. However, an experienced DUI attorney can often fight to secure a better outcome in your case by:
- Determining whether there are grounds to dismiss your case by reviewing the underlying police report, traffic stop, field sobriety test results, dash cam video, and breathalyzer logs
- Calling into question the officer’s training and qualifications if they did not administer the tests correctly
- Challenging chemical test results if the proper procedures were not used to handle samples
- Examining the breath test machine to determine if it was not calibrated correctly, defective, or had problems that would otherwise cause it to make mistakes with results
- Questioning the officer’s credibility if their written report varies significantly from objective evidence like the dash camera video
Contact Us Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
Call Patituce & Associates today to learn more about how we can help you. We provide a free case review where you can learn about your legal rights and options.