The thought of being convicted of a DUI/OVI in Lorain is frightening. Getting stopped, arrested, and booked for a DUI has already taken up your time and money, and you don’t need a conviction to take away your freedoms.
In some cases, being found guilty of operating a vehicle intoxicated could mean additional jail time and the loss of driving privileges. You might even lose your job as a consequence of a DUI.
You don’t need to face drunk driving charges alone. The Lorain DUI defense attorneys at Patituce & Associates can provide aggressive legal representation against these charges.
Our law firm has more than three decades of combined legal experience. Our top-rated attorneys are former prosecutors, and our lead attorney is a Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney.
We know what it takes to win a DUI case, and we are prepared to fight every step of the way. Contact a DUI defense attorney in Lorain, OH to find out how we can help you. Call 216-208-4579 for a free consultation today.
How We Help Clients Facing OVI Charges
When you hire a Lorain DUI defense lawyer from Patituce & Associates, you can expect aggressive legal representation. We will:
- Explain your legal rights and options
- Investigate the arrest to determine if there were grounds for the traffic stop or commencement of testing
- Examine the testing machine to determine if it had any calibration problems or other issues that would cause inaccurate results
- File motions to dismiss charges or suppress evidence, as appropriate
- Question law enforcement and other witnesses
- Develop an effective strategy based on the particular circumstances surrounding your case
- Negotiate with prosecutors for a fair resolution of your case
- Fight your case in a trial if this is determined to be the best option for your case
We are your advocates and will be in your corner in and out of the courtroom. Call us today to take advantage of your free case review.
Penalties for OVI in Ohio
At Patituce & Associates, our goal is to help you avoid the consequences of a conviction for OVI, which can include:
- First OVI – 3 to 180 days in jail, $250 to $1,075 in fines, and a license suspension of six months to three years.
- Second OVI – Between 10 days and 180 days in jail, $350 to $1,625 in fines, license suspension from one year to five years, impoundment of plates, and immobilization of vehicle for 90 days.
- Third OVI – Between 30 days and 365 days in jail, $550 to $2,500 in fines, license suspension from one year to ten years, impoundment of plates, and immobilization of the vehicle.
- Fourth OVI – Between 60 days and 30 months in jail, $800 to $10,000 in fines, license suspension from three years to life, impoundment of plates, and immobilization of the vehicle.
While most OVI offenses are considered misdemeanors in Ohio, your OVI can be charged as a felony if you have multiple offenses within a ten-year period.
Additionally, you could be required to attend and pay for an alcohol or drug abuse program and/or installation and monitoring from an ignition interlock device in your vehicle.
Contact Our DUI Lawyers When You Can’t Afford an OVI and Need to Drive
A common question is, how much does a DUI lawyer cost in Ohio? Some people mistakenly think that they cannot afford an experienced and successful DUI trial attorney.
Unfortunately, it’s a misconception that a lot of people have. You can have the best defense attorneys in Lorain and the surrounding area.
Call us today for a free, confidential case review with a Lorain DUI defense lawyer with Patituce & Associates.
No DUI case is hopeless. Call or contact a Lorain DUI lawyer online.