When your life and freedom are on the line, the lawyer you choose is the most important decision of your life. The stakes are never higher than when you are facing murder or homicide charges. Hiring an inexperienced lawyer or one who is not familiar with defending clients against these serious criminal charges can lead to disastrous consequences, including potential life behind bars.
At Patituce & Associates, LLC, we understand the serious nature of these charges, and we are ready to mount a serious defense on your behalf. Contact us today so we can explain the aggressive steps we can take to safeguard your future.
How Our Akron Murder Defense Lawyers Can Help
At Patituce & Associates, LLC, our Akron criminal defense lawyers can help by:
- Conducting an in-depth investigation into the events that led to your charge, including visiting the crime scene, interviewing witnesses, and gathering additional evidence with the help of a private investigator, when appropriate
- Identifying all potential defenses we can raise on your behalf
- Preventing you from talking to authorities or incriminating yourself
- Explaining your legal rights and options at each phase of your case
Contact our Akron murder defense lawyers today for a free and confidential case review.
Types of Homicide Cases Our Lawyers Handle
Our murder defense lawyers are equipped to handle the most serious homicide cases, including:
- Murder (O.R.C. 2903.02) – You can be charged with murder in Ohio if you purposefully caused the death of another or caused the death as a proximate result of committing certain types of crimes.
- Aggravated Murder (O.R.C. 2903.01) – Aggravated murder is an even more serious offense that can be charged when there is evidence that you planned the murder, killed another person when committing certain violent crimes, or the victim is part of certain groups.
- Voluntary Manslaughter (O.R.C. 2903.03) – Like murder, voluntary manslaughter is charged when you knowingly cause the death of another person. However, this lesser offense is charged because you committed the crime when you were in a sudden passion or fit of rage.
- Involuntary Manslaughter (O.R.C. 2903.04) – Involuntary manslaughter occurs when you unintentionally cause the death of another person while committing a felony or misdemeanor.
- Reckless Homicide (O.R.C. 2903.041) – Reckless homicide can be charged when it is believed you engaged in reckless behavior that caused another person’s death.
- Negligent Homicide (O.R.C. 2903.05) – Negligent homicide is charged when you accidentally kill another person with a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance. This offense is a first-degree misdemeanor in Ohio.
- Vehicular homicide or manslaughter (O.R.C. 2903.06) – This offense includes vehicular homicide, vehicular manslaughter, and aggravated vehicular homicide, all offenses that involve death by motor vehicle. The specific charge depends on the circumstances surrounding the death.
These offenses carry stiff penalties, including potential years or life in prison, significant fines, and the possibility of a criminal record that can follow you around for the rest of your life.
Contact Our Akron Murder Defense Lawyers for Top-Rate Criminal Defense
If you or a loved one is facing charges of murder or related homicide offenses, contact us immediately – at any time, day or night. The first few hours following an arrest can significantly impact your case, so turn to the trusted Akron murder defense lawyers at Patituce & Associates, LLC for a free and confidential consultation.