Drug crimes are associated with some of the strictest penalties, including potential years in prison, exorbitant fines, and a criminal record that can follow you around for the rest of your life. When so much is at stake, your choice of a criminal defense lawyer can be one of the most important decisions you make in your life. At Patituce & Associates, LLC, we have more than 70 years of combined legal experience we can put to use to build an aggressive defense to protect your freedom. Contact us today to set up a free case review with a Columbus drug crime attorney.
How Our Columbus Drug Crimes Lawyers Can Help
In our experience as Columbus drug crime lawyers, we have found that these cases can be complex and challenging. Additionally, you may be facing the full weight and resources of the government, so you need a strong lawyer on your side who can advocate for you. We can help build a strong defense to the charges against you by taking appropriate actions such as:
- Challenging the evidence against you – We may be able to argue that the drugs were not what they appeared to be, you had legal possession of them, or that a witness provided false testimony to challenge the evidence against you.
- Filing motions to dismiss charges or suppress evidence – If drugs were obtained through an illegal search or other police misconduct, we can argue that the evidence should be suppressed. Depending on the circumstances, this could result in a dismissal of the charges against you.
- Investigating possible defenses – We can investigate possible defenses to the charges against you, such as a witness providing false information against you because of a private vendetta, police entrapment, or lack of constructive possession of drugs.
- Exploring alternatives to jail time – In appropriate cases, we may be able to advocate for you to join a treatment program rather than face incarceration. We can also negotiate a plea agreement in exchange for reducing or dismissing charges against you.
Let us show how we are different when you call us for a free and confidential case review at (440) 427-3860.
Cases Our Columbus Drug Crimes Lawyers Handle
Our Columbus drug crimes lawyers are equipped to handle the most serious drug crime cases in Ohio, including:
- Possession of controlled substances (2925.11), including possession of marijuana, cocaine, prescription pills, or other drugs
- Trafficking or aggravated trafficking in drugs (2925.03) for the sale of controlled substances.
- Illegal manufacture of drugs, illegal cultivation of marijuana or methamphetamine (2925.04), which penalizes the growing of marijuana or the production of meth
- Illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs (2925.041), which penalizes making schedule I or II controlled substances or possessing one or more chemicals to make illegal drugs
- Illegal administration or distribution of anabolic steroids (2925.06), which may include the acts of Injecting or providing steroids to anyone or selling steroids
- Possession of controlled substances (2925.11) for purchasing or possessing a controlled substance
- Possessing drug paraphernalia, marijuana drug paraphernalia, or drug abuse instruments (2925.14), (2925.141) or (2925.12), which penalizes the possession of items or tools used to use or hold drugs
- Criminal forfeiture of property relating to felony drug abuse offense (2925.42), which can result in taking away property that is associated with illegal drug activity
Our Columbus criminal defense attorneys aggressively defend all federal or state drug charges.
Contact Former Prosecutors for Help Handling Drug Charges You’re Facing
At Patituce & Associates, LLC, we are led by former prosecutors. This means we know how the other side works, so we can mount a strong defense to the charges against you. Contact us today at (440) 427-3860 to learn more about how our firm can help.