Crafting a Unique Defense to Fight Against a System That’s Against You
Being charged with murder is one of the most serious legal situations anyone can face. It can be an incredibly difficult and emotional time, and the stakes are high. If you or a loved one is facing murder charges in Ohio, you need a defense attorney who will provide you with the aggressive representation necessary to protect your rights and your future.
At Patituce & Associates, LLC, our Ohio murder defense attorneys can provide you with the support and guidance you need to navigate the legal process. Our lawyers have successfully defended clients in even the most complex and high-stakes cases for years. With our compassionate and personalized approach, we will work tirelessly to fight for the best possible outcome in your case. Contact us for a free initial case review with an Ohio murder defense attorney.
Top Legal Representation for Murder and Manslaughter Charges
If you or a loved one is being investigated or has been arrested for murder, do not speak to the police without first contacting an attorney. The police are trained interrogators and even innocent statements that you make while in custody can be used against you in court. Facing a murder or manslaughter charge is an incredibly serious situation, and you need an attorney on your side who can fight for you.
The Ohio criminal defense lawyers at Patituce & Associates, LLC take a client-centered approach to each case. We will carefully investigate the facts of your case, challenge the evidence that the prosecutor presents, and fight aggressively for your best possible outcome.
Different Types of Homicide Charges in Ohio
Different types of homicide charges exist in Ohio and understanding each one is crucial when facing legal penalties. Depending on your case, you could face any of the following charges:
- Negligent Homicide: When a person accidentally kills another with the use of a deadly weapon or dangerous ordinance; prosecuted as a first-degree misdemeanor with up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine
- Reckless Homicide: When a person engages in reckless behavior that causes the death of another; prosecuted as a third-degree felony with up to 5 years in prison and $10,000 in fines
- Murder: When an individual purposely causes the death of another or causes the death of another as a proximate result of committing certain violent crimes; often carries a life sentence
- Aggravated Murder: When a murder was committed purposely and with prior calculation and design or a victim is purposely killed while the defendant was committing certain crimes like rape, kidnapping, or arson
- Voluntary Manslaughter: When a person knowingly causes the death of another person while in a sudden passion or fit of rage; prosecuted as a first-degree felony carrying a prison sentence of three to 10 years and fines of up to $20,000
- Involuntary Manslaughter: When someone causes the death of another person while in the commission of a misdemeanor or a felony, but where there was no intent to cause the death; can result in one to 10 years in prison
- Vehicular Homicide/Manslaughter: When a person causes the death of another with a vehicle; can range from 90 days to life in prison and license suspension depending on the degree of the charge and case specifics
Contact Patituce & Associates, LLC Today
If you are facing murder or manslaughter charges in Ohio, you need an attorney on your side. At Patituce & Associates, LLC, our defense lawyers can fight for your rights and protect your life, rights, and freedom. Call us at 440-427-3860 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free case consultation.