Defending People Accused of Rape in Cincinnati
A rape conviction can have devastating consequences, including prison time, fines, and the lifelong stigma of a sex offender registry. If you’ve been accused of rape in Cincinnati, you need a Cincinnati rape defense attorney on your side who can protect your rights and defend you in court, contact Patituce & Associates today.
At Patituce & Associates, LLC, we understand the seriousness of these charges and are dedicated to providing you with a strong defense. Our Cincinnati rape defense attorneys will work tirelessly to protect your rights and reputation and to ensure that you receive the fair treatment you deserve under the law.
With years of experience handling rape cases in Cincinnati and the surrounding areas, we have the expertise and resources necessary to fight for your rights and work toward the best possible outcome for your case.
Cincinnati Rape Laws and Penalties
In Ohio, rape is a serious criminal charge that carries severe penalties. The state defines rape as engaging in sexual conduct with someone who is not your spouse, or with your spouse if living separately, under certain conditions:
- The accused uses an intoxicant or substance to substantially impair the other person’s judgment or control.
- The alleged victim is less than 13 years old.
- The alleged victim is unable to fully consent or resist due to a mental or physical condition or advanced age.
- The accused purposefully compels the other person by force or threat of force.
If you are convicted of rape in Cincinnati, you can face severe penalties, including lengthy jail sentences, fines and restitution, and mandatory registration as a sex offender. You can also face significant social stigma and damage to your reputation. You can struggle to find a place to live or work, and your relationships with loved ones may become strained.
How to Defend Against Rape Charges in Ohio
If you are facing rape charges in Ohio, it is crucial to remember that you have the right to defend yourself. The Cincinnati criminal defense attorneys at Patituce & Associates, LLC can help you develop a tailored strategy to fight against these charges and convince the court to either reduce the charges against you or dismiss them completely.
Possible defenses to an Ohio rape charge may include:
- Consent: Your attorney may argue that the sexual activity was consensual and that there was no force, threat, or deception involved.
- Lack of Evidence: The prosecution must prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt, and if there is a lack of evidence, your defense attorney can use this to your advantage.
- False Accusations: Unfortunately, false accusations of rape are not uncommon. Your attorney may be able to demonstrate that the alleged victim had the motive to lie, or that there is evidence contradicting his or her account.
- Mistaken Identity: In some cases, the accused may be mistaken for someone else. Your attorney can work to prove that you were not the person who committed the alleged crime.
- Improper Police Conduct: If the police violated your rights or mishandled evidence during the investigation, your attorney can argue that any evidence gathered as a result of this conduct should be excluded from the trial.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Patituce & Associates, LLC
If you have been accused of rape in Cincinnati, trust the lawyers at Patituce & Associates, LLC. Our Cincinnati rape defense attorneys can defend you against these damaging accusations and work toward the most favorable outcome in your case. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn about your next steps.